Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Random Observation

I’ve found myself becoming increasingly observant of random things lately. Not sure what sparked it, but here it is. And I do mean random things.

For example; Driving. I never pay attention to what I do when I drive. It’s all habit. But, today on my way to work, I was noticing all the things I do by habit. Like glancing in my mirrors every few seconds. I can clearly remember learning to drive 10 years ago and having to remind myself to check my mirrors. Now I do it without thinking. Weird observation, I know. Braking too…I use to consciously think “I need to start applying my brakes now”. Not anymore. I just know when to stop. Haha.

Speaking of driving to work…I also ‘observed’ that I was one of few who were actually going to work today! The morning commute that usually takes 35-40 minutes took me 25 today. And the parking lot at my office was practically deserted. I notice these things because, until I joined the work-force, I was blissfully unaware that some people actually have to work on the Eve’s of holidays, and the days after too! I grew up in a household where my Mom was a stay-at-home-mom and my Dad, being with the same company for close to 20 years, was able to use vacation to be home at the same time Frankie & I had our school breaks. Therefore, it didn’t even cross my mind that people with office jobs had to work on said holidays. Allstate calls insurance “retail” but the two weeks of Christmas & New Year’s are the slowest of the year. Anyway, I am at work until 3pm today, with a smile on my face because at least I have a job!!!

Well, I hope you all have a safe and fun New Year’s Eve and I’ll talk at ya in 2009!!

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Don't you hate feeling like you're one of the only people working on days like today? I'm just glad I still don't have my PT job at Bath and Body Works...It's nice to not have to worry about working on the holidays...I just wish I got more time off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo to working today. I'm stuck too! Hopefully you'll get out early! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete