Saturday, August 21, 2010

Gramp - One Year

I can hardly believe the words as I type them. It's been one year since Gramp (my grandfather on my Dad's side) passed away. Words cannot express how much I miss this man. I think I've mourned him the hardest because he was my last living (biological) grandparent.  I don't think many people get as close to their grandparents as I did to him. Don't get me wrong, I was close to my Mom's parents too, my Grandmom on that side especially, but they lived in Kentucky so I only got the see them a few times a years. I saw Gramp a few times a month. Towards the end, I saw him every single day.  We had good conversations, shared meals, spent hours walking around bookstores, talked on the phone. Wow - typing that one got me choked up. I can't believe its been a year since I've seen him smile at me, squeeze my hand, kiss me on the cheek, tell me he loves me....tell him I love him.

As I sit here fighting back tears, I am at a loss for words as to what to write next. (Shocking, I know.) So, I think I'll just wrap this up with one of my favorite pictures of Gramp (and Gram, who passed away when I was in 4th grade). 
Jack F. Silverman
8/26/1920 - 8/21/2009

I miss you every day, Gramp, and I love you.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment