Thursday, August 19, 2010

Whatever...Thursday? Again?

Really? Again? I blinked past Wednesday without realizing it? It's not totally my fault. I’ve been sick. I felt it coming Friday, then by the time I got home from the Jackson Browne concert Friday night (more on that in a sec), I knew it was hours away from hitting me like a MACK truck. I woke up at 5am Saturday morning with an aching throat, unable to breath out of my nose, with a fever of 101*. S-I-C-K sick. I barely left the couch Sat-Mon. I went back to work Tuesday, still a bit under the weather. Yesterday, I felt much better, though I’m not yet 100%. Today, I am back in the game! I woke up feeling awesome. And I have to thank Ryan for a lot of my quick recovery because, when I get sick, Ryan steps up his game. He is a genuinely sweet guy, though he is occasionally a bit sharp around the edges, but when I get sick, he turns on the part of his personality that is super nurturing. When he got up on Saturday morning, several hours after me, he took one look at my pale face and swollen eyes and jumped into action. He made a list and headed out the door. A short time later he walked in the door, full grocery bags in hand. He had the essentials: OJ, Gatorade, Chicken Noodle Soup, cough drops and kleenex. He also had a few comforting extras, cause he knows his wife well: Velveeta Shells & Cheese, sourdough bread (don’t judge me, we all crave weird stuff when we’re sick. Right??) AND because I didn’t get to go the baseball game I’d been looking forward to for months, he got me Lemon Italian ice - my favorite ballpark treat! What a lucky girl I am to have such a loving hubby. :)

So, as previously mentioned, Friday night a group of us headed to Grand Prairie to see Jackson Browne with David Lindley! Even though I wasn't feeling great, I had an awesome time. Frankie really got me in to Jackson Browne probably in middle school and has seen him in concert at least 4 times now. It was always a "guy thing" with two of his best friends, Scotty and Justin. But, Justin is an umpire now and he was out on the road this year, so Frankie invited me, Scotty, his roommate and BFF George, George's girlfriend Lindsay and one of my BFFs/Justin's sister Brittany to come along with him. It was such a fun group! And I cannot even put in to words what an amazing show it was. Jackson Browne sounds exactly the same live (in his 60's!) as he does on his albums...if not better! I mean, this guy is immensely talented. I could listen to him sing all day.  And David Lindley! That is a once in a lifetime kind of thing. This guy plays just about every stringed instrument on the planet. No kidding. Here are a few highlights of the night:

A really blurry shot of Brittany & I in which my head and nose look abnormally large.

Scotty with his new shirt.

Lindsay, George, Frankie and Scotty

JACKSON BROWNE!!!

DAVID LINDLEY!!!

Jackson Browne and David Lindley, making beautiful music.

Alright, that's all I've got this week. No recipe though...sorry!! See, the thing about trying new things is that sometimes, they don't turn out very well and you end up ordering pizza for dinner. I could give you the number to a great Domino's though! ;)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment