Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Life Well Lived - Ryan

I haven't done a Life Well Lived post in a while, but it just so happens that on LWL Wednesday, I realized that I've sort of "over looked" the thing that probably makes my life the MOST well lived.

Ryan.

Ryan on our wedding day. Can we please talk about his ADORABLE dimple?!

I don't know why, but typing his name and then seeing ^this picture just made me get all teary-eyed. I guess that's love for ya, haha!

I've talked about our story before, and have even mentioned him in a previous LWL post, but I'm feeling very reflective today and it seems like the right time to dedicate an entire post to him.

First, I want to brag on him a bit. Seems like the right thing to do. ;) He is a really talented guy. My Gramp used to call him "a jack-of-all-trades". He totally is. He is a talented musician - he plays piano, guitar and drums. He's great with cars. He can fix just about anything. He can build just about anything. He is probably the smartest guy I know when it comes to electronics. He is a great cook.

Ryan building a deck (photo by Jim Wall), Ryan getting "kisses" from our furbabies.

But he's not just those things. He does things to help my friends. He goes out of his way for my family. He is also thoughtful and kind (most of the time, hehe). He does really, really sweet things for me. He brings home flowers, cards and little gifts just because. One night a month or so ago, Ryan couldn't sleep so he cooked me an amazing lunch (grilled chicken pasta with a light garlic and parmesan sauce and a spinach and raisin salad) then wrapped everything up in a bag. When I opened the fridge the next morning to get the creamer for my coffee, I saw a bag that said "Rach" on the front. Inside was the surprise lunch, my yogurt and banana that I take for snacks every day and a sweet note that is still in my drawer at work so I can read it whenever I want. This man of mine also sacrifices a lot and works so hard to give us the best life possible.

He's not perfect. He can be stubborn. Sometimes we fight. But he makes me feel so safe, so loved, SO happy.


Knowing him, loving him, being married to him...that makes my Life Well Lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment