Monday, July 23, 2012

What A Birthday!

Since the last time I posted was to discuss my upcoming birthday, it seems appropriate to to do a little birthday breakdown. It was an absolute PERFECT birthday! I was so spoiled by my family and friends and the week left me feeling so, so loved. 

My "birthday week" started with dinner with my best girls at Chuy's! 
Nice photobomb, waiter dude!



I opened a gift from one of my best friends, Brittany. She cross-stitched my favorite words from my favorite movie, The Princess Bride.  It was so thoughtful and beautiful.

When I got home, I decided to open my gift from Ryan, even though it was still 2 days before my actual birthday. He is not a patient gift giver, haha. He gets so excited to see people open their gifts that he will wear you down until you agree to open it. And I must say... the moment I saw what was inside the box, I did not regret opening it early.



My sweet, thoughtful, over-achieving husband got me a CUSTOMIZED KITCHENAID STAND MIXER!!!! It is so beautiful and absolutely perfect. I think I'm still in shock...

On my actual birthday, I stumbled out of the bedroom at 6am and flipped on the kitchen light to find that Ryan had stayed up late decorating our kitchen and living room. I so wish he'd been up with me when I saw this for this first time. I am willing to bet the smile on my face was a big as they come. He really went above and beyond to make my feel special on my birthday.

My friends and family went above and beyond this year, too.

A card made by a dear friend's son. It's Chloe and Cooper!

When I got home from work, Ryan, my brother and I headed to Red Lobster for dinner. It was so yummy! Then, we scooped up a movie I'd been dying to see and headed home to settle in for the night. Ryan also made me THE most delicious Skinny Peanut Butter Pie EVER. (Ryan used regular peanut butter, FYI.) It is easily one of my (new) favorite desserts - even compared to NOT skinny ones!

I took a vacation day on Friday and got to spend the entire day with my Mom. We met for an early lunch at BJ's, did a little shopping and then decided to watch The Dark Knight in preparation for The Dark Knight Rises, which we saw Saturday morning. It was SO good!! Ryan's parents also happened to be in town so we met them for dinner Saturday night to celebrate my birthday one last time.

If my 29th birthday is any indication of what 29 will bring, then I'm entering a really amazing year of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment