Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Life Well Lived - Vol 1

My good friend and fellow blogger, OperaWife, has recently started posting in a series called "Life Well Lived", brought to us by Kelsey, every Wednesday. I was inspired after reading both of their posts, so I am jumping on the band wagon.

Kelsey describes it like this:

For me, thinking about the things that I've experienced and being joyful for those moments, means more than reaching into a future that I can't control.

LOVE!!! Reading this gave me chills. It brought my soul to life as I looked back (with Mandy's ["OperaWife"] help) and realized that my life HAS been well lived! So, without further ado...

1. I sang "Texas Moon" with Stoney LaRue.


This gets first billing, because honestly, short of my wedding day, this was the best night of my life. In 2005, before Stoney LaRue's velvety pipes had ever touched the radio, we became friends. And this night, with the urging of my Mom and some of my friends, Stoney pulled me up to the mic and I sang my heart out.

2. I donated my hair to Locks of Love...twice.

2005
I donated 10 inches, the minimum donation. And it was traumatic for me, haha. Ryan will tell you I cried...hard. He is right. But, I quickly got over it and remembered that it was for such a good cause.

2011
You all know the story on this journey. :)

3. I bought the car I always wanted.
No, I did not accidentally post a picture of Jetta. That right there, that's the car I started lusting after as a pre-teen. I used to have posters of Jettas in my bedroom, so when the time came to take out my first car loan...I knew it was VDub or bust. And I love my little car, who I have lovingly named Ophelia.

I will post a few things that have made my Life Well Lived every Wednesday, and I hope YOU will too. And when you do, email Kelsey (kelsey@kelseytoney.com) and let her know!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! I'm so glad you're doing this now! I think it's awesome that you've donated your hair...TWICE! I'm working up the courage to chop mine off and do the same! Love you!

    ReplyDelete