Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Life Well Lived - Vol 5

Shame on me. I skipped Life Well Lived last week. I was feeling very uninspired...so I just didn't do it. Not this week, folks! This week, I have a new list of three things that make me feel that mine is a Life Well Lived.

I have been to a World Series baseball game.

As I think I've talked about on this little blog of mine before, I. Love. Baseball. I was raised by a man who pretty much views it as a religion. Yes. My Dad worships the game. He played it his entire life, until his back physically wouldn't let him anymore. So, growing up it was always a part of my life. We went to more baseball games than I can count. Both games HE was playing, and major league games. Growing up in Texas, most people rank football as their favorite sport. Not me. I chose baseball every time. So, when our very own Texas Rangers made it all the way to the World Series, my generous Dad jumped on the chance to treat us to, what could quite possibly be, a once in a lifetime opportunity - To go to a World Series baseball game. And even though the Rangers, sadly, lost...it was one the best days of my life.




I've played in the sprinklers as an adult. Photo credit to the fabulous Jim Wall.

Sometimes, when you live in Texas and its 101* and you are outside for several hours, you just have to run through the sprinklers - with your clothes on. It was just as much fun at (two weeks from) 28 as it was at 8.

I go to a LOT of concerts.
I left this one present tense for a reason. I don't plan on stopping anytime soon. I think everyone has that "one thing". The thing they spend their money on. The thing they do to reward themselves for working. The thing that brings JOY to their soul. This is mine. If I love an artist/band/musician...I want to see them live. So I try to, as much as I can. Local music in tiny bars, sold out stadiums and everything in between. The collage above pictures about a dozen that I've been two over the past few years, but all in all, I don't think I could put a number on it. But, I can certainly tell you which were the best. ;) And getting to do that...makes my life so very well lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment