Sunday, January 13, 2013

Cheesy Bacon Pull-Apart Breakfast Casserole

I am a lover of all things breakfast related. I could eat breakfasty foods any time of day, and have been known to do just that. We have a life-long tradition in my family of ordering a Christmas tree shaped coffee cake from one of the oldest/best bakeries in Dallas (Stein's) but my darling husband isn't a big fan of anything with "cake" in name. (Unless said word is preceded by "cheese".) So, I have started making a more savory dish to go along with the coffee cake. And in keeping with the whole must-try-new-things phase I'm in, I opted for dish I'd never made but had spent some time drooling over on Pinterest.

I give you...Cheesy Bacon Pull-Apart Breakfast Casserole.

Here's what you need: 
1  egg 
2 tbsp milk 
1 can Pillsbury Grands Biscuits 
1 pkg. bacon, cooked and chopped 
3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese 
1/4  cup green onions, finely chopped

Heat the oven to 350°F. Spray 11x7 or 2-quart glass baking dish with cooking spray. (And spray it WELL.) 
In large bowl, whisk egg and milk until smooth. (I added some black pepper into this mixture.)
Separate the dough into 8 biscuits; cut each into quarters. 
Gently stir the biscuit pieces into the egg mixture to coat evenly. 
Fold in bacon, cheese and onions. 
Spoon the mixture into your sprayed dish; arrange the biscuit pieces in single layer. (See below.)


Then, bake at 350°F for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.


I couldn't have been happier with how this dish turned out. It was unequivocally comfort food. This one may have to make an appearance more often than just Christmas...

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This looks yummy AND easy! My kind of dish (since I don't absolutely LOVE cooking). Think I'll try it this week, thanks Rach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Ryan I Love Cheesecake too.......but you still can't help but love any kind of coffee cake :-) unless there are Bear Claws to devour. Glad to see you are trying new things, that's how we find our favorites. Love, Grammie

    ReplyDelete