Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Only Cheeseball I'll Ever Make

Oh HEY! Remember me? I'm the girl who used to blog around here! I was in a blogging rut, friends. Remember how I said I was going to post some recipes? I didn't even have the inspiration to blog about a darn cheeseball. But, guess what? I do now!! ;)

One of our family traditions is to have a nice dinner on Christmas Eve and then munch of leftovers and finger foods on Christmas Day. This year, I wanted to make some new things. Break the mold a little. Well, that worked out great this year - but may never work again because this cheeseball was SO GOOD (and SO EASY) that it may become a staple! I sort of took parts of a cheeseball I'd seen online and added my own twists. (Like bacon.)


YUM! 

Here's the breakdown:

1 8oz package of cream cheese, brought to room temp (or close)
1/2 lb of shredded cheddar cheese
1 tbsp sour cream
1/2 a Ranch dressing mix packet (you can use a whole packet if you want...but I just wanted a subtle ranch flavor)
2 tbsp green onion, chopped
1/2 package of bacon, cooked and crumbled
Crackers, chips, whatever you want to serve this with

Mix sour cream and ranch packet together. (I did all of the mixing in my stand mixer.) Once that is fully mixed, add the cream cheese and cheddar and mix until fully incorporated. Then add in the green onion.
Cover your mixing bowl and pop it in the fridge for about 5 minutes. (Long enough to cool it without hardening it.)
After 5 minutes, empty the mixture onto plastic wrap and use the plastic wrap to roll/form it into a ball.
Spread the bacon bits on a cutting board and roll the ball o' cheese until its completely covered and serve! 



*Now, here is the best part. I made this on Christmas Eve to eat on Christmas Day, so I popped it back into the fridge in the plastic wrap. I had also cooked and crumbled the bacon the day before, so it was in a tupperware waiting for me, too. When everyone was ready to snack, I just pulled it out of the fridge, rolled it in bacon and BOOM - ready to devour.

I also want to add (for my non-bacon eating friends) that you can roll this in whatever the heck you want. Jalapenos, cracker crumbs, traditional chopped pecans, etc. But for me and my house? Bacon. Rules. All.

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment