Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Behind the Blog - Part 1

I have seen this on several of the blogs I read and thought it was a fun way to get to know "the girl behind the blog". Most of the questions are light-hearted, though there are a few that dig a little deeper. Enjoy, and if you blog - you should play along too!

What do you have on your bedside table?
A lamp, alarm clock, TV remote, sometimes my glasses and a book, and a bottle of water (or 6).

Do you have a tattoo?
I don’t, however I really appreciate tattoos. I have a few that I’d like to get, but Ryan isn’t sold on the idea…even though he has some ink of his own. ;)

Do you believe in abstinence prior to marriage?
This is kind of a baited question for me.

What is your worst habit?
Just the one, huh? Do you remember a couple of questions back how I said “a bottle of water (or 6)”? Well, I try to drink a lot of water and I usually drink a bottle with dinner and then ½ a bottle from dinner to bedtime. So, when I head for bed, I grab my ½ finished bottle and it goes on my bedside table so when I wake up thirsty in the middle of the night, I have water. The problem? I forget about said bottle until I get into bed the next night…with another bottle. They tend to collect there for days…or a week. It drives Ryan CRAZY, poor guy. I should really make a more conscious effort to grab my empty bottles in the morning…

How do you handle finances in your relationship? Or, how would you like to handle money in your future relationship?
We don’t have “his'” or “her's” money. Our money is in the bank together and is treated as “our” money. I do all of the bill-paying but we budget together.

If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
When I was in middle school, I wanted to be anything BUT a “Rachel” and even tried going by my middle name for a while but it never stuck. Today, I don’t think I’d change my name. I like Rachel…and really I like “Rach” better, which just about everyone calls me anyway, so I’m set!

Where do you want to go on your next vacation?
I have two places in mind for 2012. Colorado and Costa Rica. Here's to hoping we make it to both places.

What is one political cause you feel strongly about?
Health care. I feel really, REALLY strongly (in favor) about this particular subject. I’m not going to go off on a rant here, I promise, but I feel that all taxpaying citizens have the right to healthcare. Period. (Just as fair warning, this may prompt a post where I discuss this in more detail.)

Have you ever stolen anything?
Yes, I have. It was long ago and I’m not proud of it, and that's all I'll say on that subject.

Tell us something embarrassing about yourself.
I slept with my childhood teddy bear, Snuffles the Polar Bear, tucked under my arm until Ryan and I moved in together. And really, I think it wasn’t until about 6 months in and Ryan said “It’s me or the bear.” ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment