Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving was particularly special.

It was the first time Ryan & I have ever hosted.

...And if I do say so myself, it was a success!

I watched the Macy's Parade as I put together a center piece and set the table with special napkins for the holiday.

The meal was split between my family. We (okay, mostly Ryan) did two turkeys - smoked and oven roasted. My Mom made cornbread stuffing, cranberry sauce and apple pie. Frankie made loaded mashed potatoes and green bean casserole. I made homemade mac & cheese, pumpkin pie and pumpkin roll. Ryan also made Yankee style stuffing, gravy and a brandy-butter sauce for the apple pie.

And we watched lots of football...not usually my thing but it just feels right on Thanksgiving.


The next day, we packed up the left overs and celebrated again with Ryan's family then came home, curled up in our sweats and watched the entire first season of The Wonder Years while working on Christmas cards.

It was a beautiful holiday that left my heart, and tummy, full and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment