Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Day Together

I LOVE being married. LOVE it. But, because we are on such different schedules, I find myself missing my husband a lot. Ryan's work week is Thursday-Monday. Mine is Monday-Friday. This means that we never have the same days off. I am gone in the mornings before he wakes up and on the weekends I try and get up before he leaves...but sometimes I sleep in. Sure, we get to see each other almost every night, and those hours together are precious, but its not the same as spending a full day together like many couples do on the weekends. So, since we are not taking an actual vacation this year, I decided to use some of my vacation time sporadically so that we can steal a day together here and there.

The first of these was yesterday.

And it. Was. Awesome.

We got up at a reasonable time and moved at a leisurely pace.

I  spruced myself up at bit.
Yes, my left eye is very puffy/red. Allergies.   
We hopped in the car and headed to The Local Diner for brunch. It used to be a weekend tradition.
Its been far too long since I've enjoyed my favorite cappuccino.
Ryan was busy watching bits of the news while we waited for brunch. I was busy watching him.

After we ate, we stopped by the grocery store on our way home. We usually do our shopping on Monday night. I dread it after working all day (I'm just being honest) and this trip was so much more enjoyable. 
On our way home from the store, we stopped by Red Box and snagged a movie. It's summertime in Texas which means I find as many indoor activities as possible. ;)

Since we'd eaten brunch around 10, we were hungry for dinner pretty early. Ryan made one of my favorite meals - Chicken Piccata.

After dinner I scrolled through the TV channel guide and found my all time favorite movie on TV.  What started as one rented movie soon turned into an unplanned movie marathon.
The Princess Bride
We watched it for a little while until another of my favorite movies, The Breakfast Club, came on - neither of us had watched it in YEARS. Of course, while we were watching movies I wanted to get a quick picture. I should have known better. I get one serious picture of Ryan out of every 100 taken. I snapped FIVE yesterday, and this was the most usable. Whatever, he's adorable, I'll take it.

It was such a great, relaxing, fulfilling day together. The best, and most bittersweet, part of the day? At 10:30pm I told Ryan I had to go to bed - and he got the sweetest/saddest look on his face and said "But I don't want this day to end..." Oh how I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment