Saturday, June 2, 2012

Kicking Off Summer

Yesterday, we kicked off summer in the best way I can think off; an outdoor music festival with basically all of my best friends. 


Mid-afternoon, Ryan, Frankie & I loaded into the car to head to KXT's Summer Cut.


We saw tons of great bands, including but not limited to, Telegraph Canyon, Smile Smile, Air Review, Walk Off The Earth, Fitz and the Tantrums, St Vincent AND The Flaming Lips! But, I didn't start snapping pictures until we'd settled on the lawn for Fitz and the Tantrums (above). They are one of Ryan's favorite bands and they were really awesome live.

Brittany and Tommy, people watching.

Jason & Kim enjoying the tunes. You can almost see George & Lindsay in the background, haha.

Frankie and Garrett catching up. 


Ryan, lounging and enjoying the gorgeous weather. It was a high of 83*, which was a welcome break from the solid 90's we've had lately. As the sun began to set, it settled comfortably into the 70's.

St Vincent was one of the highlights of the night for me. Annie Clark is one bad broad. 

 And then last, but most certainly not least, was The Flaming Lips. I realize this picture probably looks like nothing but an over-exposed stage shot, but its an accurate depiction of what happens when Wayne Coyne enters the stage for the first time. And its exactly what I felt like in that moment.

 
They put on the most amazing show. Its so interactive and you can feel how much the crowd's enjoyment was Wayne's #1 priority. And, in a true sign of an amazing show, in the end, they had me in tears. As Wayne Coyne sang the last few bars of "Do You Realize??", a smile of pure joy came across his face, and before I knew it, I had tears running down my cheeks. It was an amazing night that I got to share with some amazing people. Summer, I loathe you for your heat, but I sure do love you for your atmosphere.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I so identify with the last line you wrote. Sounds like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete