Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful

Today is day for giving thanks. I always feel thankful for the big things in my life like my loving husband, my brother, my parents and family, my friends and my job. I have the most amazing people in my life - you all know who you are. But on Thanksgiving I like to take time to really be thankful for the littler things too.  If you follow me on instagram, you might get bored. Sorry. ;)

I'm thankful that my hubby is handy so he could repair our utensil drawer this morning so I could get to my essential tools for Thanksgiving cooking!










I'm thankful for the apron my brother got me for Christmas last year. It makes me feel glamorous while I'm slaving in the kitchen!

I'm thankful I have access to things I usually take for granted, like aloe gel, to treat my inevitable burns. I'm a clumsy cook!

I'm thankful for recipes that get passed down the generations, like my Grandmother Wylie's Apple Crisp.

I'm thankful I get to spend Thanksgiving with two of the most important men in my life.





I'm thankful for our two furbabies, who fill our current "children void".
I'm thankful for the delicious meal we shared, all made from scratch except for the rolls (ran out of time).
I'm thankful that in this tough economic year, we always have food on the table.
I am SO thankful for dessert! ;) (Apple crisp and Pumpkin Roll)

I'm thankful for the roof over my head that provides a safe, comfy home for my boys to nap in.

This has not been an easy year of us, but it's so nice to stop and recognize all the wonderful things we have to be thankful for. And there is so, so much.

Happy Thanksgiving, all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment