Friday, November 16, 2012

Product Review - Ardell Lash Excel

I don't like making broad generalizations, usually, but there is one that I stand by 100%.

Women love when their eyelashes look amazing.

No seriously. We do. Have you seen the insane amount of mascara available to us? It's because we are all about our lashes. Nothing else we put on our eyes looks as good without it. And I say "we" because I am no different. I own a ridiculous amount of mascara for one person. But its because I'm constantly trying to find that one magic tube of black goo that will make my eyelashes PERFECT.

I have pretty average lashes. They aren't super long or super short. They aren't very dark on their own. And they are a very moderate thickness. I also have one eye of lashes that behaves (right) and one side that sticks straight out and does NOT like to curl (left). Like I said. Average

For a long time I have thought about lash enhancing options. But they are expensive. All the lash serums I had heard about cost $50 or more for a tube. Out of the question. There are also lash extensions. I have friends that swear by them, but they are also expensive and just like fake nails or hair color, you have to maintain them. No thanks.

Well, finally there is another, less expensive, option. I'm talking $15.

Ardell Lash & Brow Excel

After lots of research and reading online reviews, I decided to take the plunge. I dropped into Sally's Beauty Supply and picked up a tube. It's been about a month and a half since I started using it, and I'm starting to see a difference! 
After picture taken 11/9/12
I should have taken a before picture on the first day, with only mascara on...but I just didn't think about it until I started thinking to myself, "My lashes seem longer". So, I dug up a picture of a make-up look I'd tried to use as a comparison.They totally look longer, right? The most interesting thing is that I am sprouting NEW lashes. There are about a dozen little short lashes on each eye...so I am eager to see what those little guys do as they grow.

At first, I really just noticed length, but I'm starting to see a little increase in thickness also, maybe because of the seemingly new growth. One of my bffs was looking at me the other day and I looked down at something and she said, "WOW! Your lashes basically just touched your cheekbones!" Of course she was kidding, but they ARE longer.

Overhead view
They are starting to touch my eye brows when I look up
Now listen, I have no doubt that if I would cough up the money for one of the more expensive brands, I'd be seeing crazy results...but I've been pretty happy with the changes I am seeing so far. And for considerably less money? That's a WIN in my book.

Want to know a sad fact? When I was telling Ryan about this product and that I was starting to notice a difference, he said, "I don't think I've ever really noticed your eyelashes."

Dead stare.

I mostly blame that on him being a dude who has never, in his life, thought about his own (thick, long, dark) lashes. But he constantly compliments my eyes. Its actually a running joke. And when I do anything that further enhances my eyes, he notices. I just don't think he has given eyelashes, as a separate entity, much thought. Well, when these puppies are long enough to braid, I bet he'll take notice. ;)


*Disclaimer: I am not being paid or compensated by Ardell or Sally's in any way. This is simply an opinion from my personal experience.

1 comment:

  1. I have been using a few weeks and already seeing a difference in fullness and length!

    ReplyDelete