Monday, March 8, 2010

Locks of Love Challenge

I’m blessed. I have a lot of hair. And it grows pretty fast. I’ve donated my 10 inches once before, back in 2006. My hair was the longest it had ever been and I just decided one day on whim…I’m going to cut it. I did my research and found out how much I’d have to cut to donate it to Locks of Love. Here is a picture of me, right before I donated:



Well, I grew it back out and then after our wedding in 2008, I chopped it off again, only it wasn’t long enough to donate this time. I’ve been wearing it at a medium length ever since. Anyone who has been following my blog for a while knows all about The Gray Debacle of my life. I am going to be 27 this year and I am going gray – fast. I come from a long line of Silver Tops, including my Dad and his Mom, my Gram. I really take after my Gram. I have her feet, her body shape, her height, her chin [thanks A LOT] and…her hair. Gram was 100% Swedish and apparently, upon further research, going “silver” is a Swedish thing. At 18, I started plucking them as they appeared but they were sporadic. By 25 I had a “skunk stripe” around my face. [Think Bonnie Raitt, or Rouge from X-Men, but slightly less dramatic.] I’ve been coloring it ever since.

What was the point to that whole shpeel? I’m rapidly becoming more and more “silver” and I want to donate my locks one last time before I become too gray and have to color so much that they can’t take my hair anymore. It’s pretty short [for me] right now, about 2 inches below my color bones in the front, so it’s going to take me some time. I plan to grow it even longer than the picture above…and then cut it all off for a sweet baby in need!

Anyone want to do it with me?!

No comments:

Post a Comment