Thursday, April 14, 2011

Idol Wrap-Up

I've really enjoyed this season because no two contestants are alike! Everyone this season really has their own vibe going on, and I dig (most of) that! So, here's where I stand on Movie Week:

Paul - I love Paul. This is known. And I liked his performance, but I don't think he will win. I don't think enough of America really "gets" him. That being said, I'm not worried for his future. Like so many before him, I think the importance here was for people to see him and launch his career.

Lauren Alaina - I love her. Ryan doesn't. He hates most of her song choices. I think she is young, but really, really talented. I hope she stays around for a while because I think she could learn SO much from Idol.

Stefano - It seems like America is really split over him. After reading all the comments last night on Twitter, I've come to the consensus that you either LOVE him or your really, really don't. And like Paul, everyone knows where I stand. I think he is awesome. I think he is a classic R&B guy and I think he brings solid vocals every week. Lately, I feel like his showmanship has really improved and I do not understand why he keeps landing in the bottom 3.

Scotty - I might make some enemies with this one...Meh. I was not impressed. I did NOT hear the same thing the judges heard. Like, at all. I thought it was borderline terrible, in fact. There, I said it. BUT, I do think he'll be a successful country singer. I think its time for him to leave Idol and get picked up but a country label. And maybe someone at said label can tell him how ANNOYING it is when he holds his mic like a flute. Yup, I'm still on that.

Casey - This is a very, very personally emotional song for me. I was really excited to see what Casey was going to do with it. I wasn't loving it until about 55 seconds in. Then, all the sudden, he fell into his zone and it was fabulous. He is really so immensely talented. I've said this before, and not to toot my own horn, but I started vocal training at like 7 or 8 years old. I learned about all the techniques and theory and singing in majors and minors. He NAILED that. My worry? Because of my "trained ear", I fear America may not have seen the amazing talent I did. My own mother, who raised two kids with musical "abilities" had to watch it more than once to grasp that.

Haley - I don't even think I need to talk about her. Everyone already knows my opinion here. I hope she goes home tonight.

Jacob - Like Stefano, America (via Twitter) is really split over Jacob. I think he's fabulous. But I worry he is starting to be a little predictable, like Pia was. However, I think he, too, will be just fine. A gospel label will scoop him right up. That doesn't mean I want him to go home yet, though.

James - He's another one that I think is going to be just fine post-Idol. He really did own the stage last night, and I think he has proven that he knows who he is. I still could go without all the screaming but, apparently that's just me. ;)

To sum it up, I'd say there are a handful contestants that could go home TODAY and I think they'd be fine. Someone would sign them, and they'd put out a record...that I would probably buy. But...that doesn't mean I WANT them to go home yet.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment