Sunday, April 1, 2012

30 Things in April - Day One

So, lately I've really missed blogging - but I just don't have anything fun to talk about! Well, once again, Pinterest to the rescue! I've seen several posts about "30 Things in 30 Days" or "30 Things to Ask Your Spouse", and that totally sparked my interest! Can I commit to answering a question a day for 30 days? (They are NOT simple questions.) We will find out...

DAY ONE : List 20 Randoms Facts About Yourself

First thing's first. Do they have to be facts no one knows? (I'm going with no.)

1. My husband and I first met in 7th grade. But you might already know that.

2. I. Love. Earrings.  They are, by far, my favorite accessory.

3. I am a crier. No, seriously. Not like a "Oh, sometimes I squirt a few tears in really sad movies" crier. I am talking about as sensitive as they come, heart on my sleeve, what-you-feel-I-feel crier. I cry when I'm sad, happy, angry, stressed - ANY emotion. I am a happy person, I swear! I'm just, as a shrink once called me, "a super feeler". ;)

4. I am totally obsessed with Instagram. I check it more than Facebook.  (And I check Facebook a lot.)

5. I LOVE to talk/blog about hair, make-up, nails, beauty ANYTHING, it makes me feel kind of full of myself when I do, so I don't do as much beauty-related blogging as I'd like to.

6. This is my favorite nail color at the moment.

7. I only post (on Facebook, Instagram or blog) about 25% of the pictures I take of my cats. I don't have kids yet. Back off.

8. The Denton Women's Collective fills a void I didn't even know I had.

9. I'm 28 years old and I love Justin Bieber. I am not ashamed.

10. Since becoming a psychology student, I've become extremely aware of certain things about myself, my relationships and the people around me. This is both awesome and awful.

11. My brother comes over once a week for dinner. It's one of my favorite traditions - plus it lets me be all "big sisterly" and make sure he eats at least one meal a week that isn't Ramen. 

12. Potatoes are, hands down, my favorite food. I love them in every form.

13. I love TV. LOOOVE. It's sad. My DVR is always full.

14. I am constantly changing the music on on iPod. If I have the same stuff on it for too long, I get antsy. That being said, there are a handful of albums/artists that will NEVER be taken off.

15. If I could only use one cosmetic product for the rest of my life, it would be mascara. (But PLEASE don't take away my mineral powder and eye liner!!!)

16. I LOVE Dr. Pepper, but I am trying hard to break up with it.

17. I am violently allergic to horses, probably allergic to scallops (my Mom is deathly allergic and I tested allergic also - so I've never eaten them) and moderately-mildly allergic to a laundry list of other things. Ryan tells me I need a bubble...but I figure if I've made it almost 29 years, I'll be okay.

18. We have over 10,000 songs in our iTunes Library...and I am ridiculously proud of that. (Which is why #14 happens.)

19. Our apartment is too small for us, but I wish I could just pull all 4 sides to make it bigger because a) I HATE moving and b) I LOVE our apartment!

20. Coming up with 20 (interesting enough to blog?) random facts was TOUGH! It took me over an hour! (Okay, I was also watching TV. See #13.)

2 comments:

  1. So I'm hopping around on your blog and I come across this... as a fellow music addict, I have to ask, in reference to #14 -- what albums would you never remove from your iPod? To quote "High Fidelity" -- what are your "desert island" top 5 albums? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've asked me the dreaded question of "pick a favorite"! (PS. I LOVE that you were poking around my blog - I've totally done the same to you! Maybe we should be IRL friends...and just in case you are curious, here is a list of favorites in all "entertainment" categories: http://wearethenaslunds.blogspot.com/2012/10/these-are-few-of-my-favorite-things.html)
      Back to the nearly impossible question at hand. I've given this more thought than I'd like to admit, but I think I've picked. EEK!
      -Moondance by Van Morrison
      -Emotionalism by The Avett Brothers
      -Bon Iver by Bon Iver
      -Chariot - Stripped by Gavin DeGraw
      -1 by The Beatles (that's not cheating just because its a "best of" album, right? I could never chose between A Hard Day's Night, Help!, Rubber Soul, St Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, Abbey Road and Magical Mystery Tour - don't make me!!)
      -And just for fun, my runner up for #6 would be Everyman by Jackson Browne. :)
      What are YOURS?

      Delete