Saturday, April 7, 2012

Day Seven

What is your dream job, and why?
A child (through young adult) psychologist. It's what I'm in school for right now, and I have every intention of this being what I do for the rest of my life. I have such a passion for helping others, and because people tend to feel comfortable talking to me, I feel strongly that it is my calling. I've had so many therapists that helped me throughout my life and I want to be able to do the same. I just hope I'll be successful at it. I've also written a couple of children's books that I'd love to have published someday.

And since we are talking "dream world" here, I'll get even more specific. When I close my eyes and think of my ideal practice, its a warm, welcoming space with few chairs but plenty of floor space. Chairs feel too formal to me. I want to be Indian style on the floor, which I feel will make kids more comfortable. I plan to use art, music and talk therapy, and I plan on giving lots and lots of hugs. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment