Sunday, April 15, 2012

Day Fifteen


If you were an animal, what would you be and why?

The polar bear has always been my favorite animal. When I was born, one of my mom’s good friends gave me a Gund stuffed polar bear, Snuffles. I slept with that bear under my arm every night until Ryan & I got married and he told me it was him or the bear. ;) I always joke that I was predestined to love polar bears because of that. I think they are beautiful and special. I took a psychological personality test once, and one of the questions was to name the first animal that comes to mind, and three reasons you like that animal.

I said the polar bear because they are protective, nurturing and ferocious when their cubs are in danger. Turns out, the test said that was how others saw you. I just laughed.

Unfortunately, this amazing animal is on the list of ‘vulnerable species’ and their natural habitat is shrinking. I know many people say that polar bears are too vicious, but I argue that its only because they HAVE to be. 

And now I’m going to dig Snuffles out of the closet and snuggle with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment