Friday, April 6, 2012

Day Six


What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?

I think I’d have to put it into time frames not just single events. I had a couple of really rough spans of time that were pretty hard on me.

The first would be both 1994 and 1997:
Those were the years when my anxiety was at its absolute worse. If I’m being honest, sometimes I look back and think it’s nothing short of a miracle that I a) survived it and b) am a (somewhat) normal, productive member of society.  

The second would be 2003-2005. During that time frame:
Things came to light about my family and my parents started down a long, complicated, back and forth road that finally led to divorce in 2006.
For those couple of years, I felt like it was just blow after blow. Thanks to an amazing therapist (no lie), I walked away from it with only about ½ the baggage I could have ended up with, haha. But, I suppose its true what they say - What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment